Greetings

I implemented HSRP on my Catalyst 6006 w/ redundant Supervisor/MSFCs.
 I did a failover test - and it performed well - the redundant Supe
failed over and everything seemed to work fine.

However, when the promeary Supe came back online - some things did
not work right.  Mainly, bridging of LU6.2 traffic failed.

I called Cisco, and they said that with HSRP, both router configs
must be the same (in my case, VLAN 1 was shutdown on one of the
routers).

Does anyone have any insight on this?  Do the router configs have to
be EXACTLY the same - line by line?  Does anyone know of any tools to
sync the configs. (I have just started playing with resource manager
essentials).

TIA

Don Dettmore
Lead Network Engineer