               1XXX
               XXXX
              /    \
             /      \
          2XXX     3XXX
          XXXX-----XXXX
         /             \
     ETHERNET       ETHERNET

the three routers are seperated by point to point wan
links, my questions involve the pros/cons of
addressing the wan links using various techniques.

1. make each p2p link its own /30 network
2. make all p2p links use addresses out of the same
pool (i.e. 10.0.0.1, .2, .3, .4, .5, .6)
3. ip unnumbered e0

i think that solutions 2 & 3 would cause problems if
one link came down, because only a portion of the
subnet is down.... if you were doing per packet load
balanceing, then every other packet would drop...

as a variation, you colud take the link down between
routers 2 & 3, and make the other p2p's frame relay
links, then have a logical full mesh using pvc's...

Comments please..

=====
ciscocabanaboy, CCNP-Voice, CCDP, MCSE, CNX, A+, N+, I-net+, BOFH...