Just a quick note to say that I passed MCNS 2.0 yesterday - 848/1000,
passing mark is 708. This had 60 questions in 90 minutes because I did
the test here in Papua New Guinea (you get extra time if you do an exam
outside a "Western" country to get over any language difficulties).
However I finished it in 60 minutes.

Wasn't too difficult but as usual, pay attention to the exam objectives.
I was also fortunate that I work with PIXs, Firewall Feature Set (and
ACLs), NASs and CiscoSecure on a daily basis which really helped. I am
also in the process of implementing a failover for our PIX at work so I
spent some time playing with the commands on that before blowing the
config away and putting it into production.

I was fortunate enough to do the training course with Global Knowledge
(ex Geotrain guys) in Sydney (Aust). Due to the lack of seats (3 only)
at the one testing centre here in PNG I did the exam 6 weeks after
attending the course. For the exam I reviewed the course notes and read
Mireke Kaeo's "Designing Network Security". I think this book, along
with Priscilla's "Top-Down Network Design" are 2 must-have tomes for
anyone setting out to learn about network design.

In line with most of the previous comments about MCNS on this list take
your time and and work out the tricky ones logically.

I've gone a bit arse-about with the order of my exams so unfortunately I
can't use the "+ Security" designation after my CCNA and CCDA but
hopefully this will only be a matter of another few weeks.

Warwick