>It looks to me that everybody prefers OSPF in our
>company, just wondering any reasons that we do not
>want to use ISIS?
>
>Thanks
>
>Kent

For enterprise networks, there is no particular benefit to using
ISIS.  Many of the large ISPs do use it, in many cases for historical
reasons.  There are some cases where ISIS may have less overhead on
the router than OSPF.  Several vendors are deploying traffic
engineering first with ISIS, but that is as much because their
initial ISP customers have ISIS reasons as anything else.

I'll be doing an ISIS tutorial next week at NANOG, and it will be
posted under the notes for the June 2000 meeting at www.nanog.org

On a practical certification basis, anyone that's aiming for the ISP
market should know this protocol.