search on "password recovery 2924XL"

or

Catalyst 2900XL and 3500XL Password Recovery

Unplug the power cord from the back of the switch.
While holding down the "Mode" button, reconnect the power cord to the
switch. You can release the "Mode" button a second or two after the LED
above Port 1 x goes off.
Enter the flash_init command.
The baud rate of the console port has now been reset to 9600; if your
console stops working, reset its baud rate to 9600 as well.
Enter the load_helper command.
Enter the dir flash: command.
Rename the configuration file; from "config.text" to "config.old", for
example. Do this by entering the rename flash:config.text flash:config.old
command.
Boot the system with the boot command.
Enter "N" when promted to start the Setup program.
Enter "N" when asked if you want to continue with the configuration.
Enter "en" at the switch prompt.
Rename the configuration file with the rename flash:config.old
flash:config.text command.
Copy the configuration file in to memory using the copy flash:config.text
system:running-config. Press <Return> in response to the two confirmation
prompts.
The configuration file is now loaded, and you can configure a new password
normally:

Enter the config terminal command.
Enter the enable password [new_password] command.
Write the running configuration to the configuration file using the write
mem command.

have done this and it works!!

take care

Andy