I have started a number of green field (paper CCNA engineers) guys and they
have all turned into very good engineers.  I prefer engineers in very junior
positions that own up to not knowing or truly understanding something - at
least that way there lack of knowledge can be addressed.

No one dislikes an engineer that has a paper certification giving it the big
I AM...  invariably you just waste your time, energy and effort 'trying' to
get them up to speed - as they already know it all, and wont be told
differently.

I believe that if you are honest, keen and hard working you will get a job.
Look for a job in a company that has a proven and establish staff
development plan (and are willing to put training commitments into your
contract of employment).  I have worked for many that promise the world at
an interview and then deliver nothing - so get it in your contract.  In your
position you need someone who is willing to help you along a bit.  Be
prepared to wait though.  In 6 months you will probably thoroughly
understand everything from your CCNA - it will take you some time to
progress beyond that, and experience is everything in this game.

The bottom line is you understand your current limitations and understand
where you want to go.  If you can make it clear to your future employer
during the interview he will probably give you a go if the candidates for
the job compare 'like for like'.  I personally have wasted too much time on
Paper CCNA's (and CCNP's come to that) with the wrong attitudes and you seem
to know what you need to do to get on.

Keith

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...