Hello,

I've got a config question on HSRP with a backup Wan Link. This is my
design :

          LAN 1
          |                  |
     _____               _____
     |   R1  |           |  R2   |
     ---------           --------
                     |                 |
     Leased Line         ISDN Line
          |                  |
     _____               _____
     |   R3   |               |  R4   |
     ---------           --------
          |                  |

          LAN 2

In detail, I want to have the R2-ISDN Line-R4 link backup of the R1-Leased
Line-R3 link.

But reading the HSRP cisco documentation it seems to me that HSRP could
just backup the LAN interface. So in my case R2-eth will backup R1-eth and
R3-eth will backup R4-eth. But How R3 could learn that R1 is down ?

So could someone help me building such config ? (perhaps using some routing
protocol ? or static routing).

Thanks for your help.
Christophe.