Hello,

This is a very basic question about ATM. Since ATM is a LAN technology,
I would like to know the maximum distance of ATM network. I would like to
know if it can be implemented on a very wide campus network as the backbone.

If ATM is used in a MAN network backbone, what type of connections are used
between the differrent regions in the MAN? Is fiber used for connecting the different
regions or is it a Frame Realy, ISDN type of connection?

Thanks for any info.

--

Oscar Rau
[EMAIL PROTECTED]