well, i do think this is a bit off-topic for a Cisco list, but here
goes.  All major NOS support RAID 1-5, and probably 0+1, although I'm
not sure about that one  Most hardware RAID devices do the same.

I'd wager at least 95% of installations use RAID 0, 0+1, or 5 depending
on speed and cost requirements, and a few applications use 3 and 4.
I've never seen raid 2 in use.

Search for 'raid' on www.whatis.com for a decent description of all the
RAID types, or read "The RAID Handbook" for everything you've ever
wanted to know.

David