comments below....

"McMasters, Eric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED].
com...
> Okay I have been looking for this answer and I still can't find it, so I
am
> bringing my question to all of the OSPF guru's that reside on this list.
>
> Here is what I want to know.
> I know that you can run multiple routing processes on a single router,
i.e.
> router ospf 1 and router ospf 2
> Now will the networks that are configured under the each of these
processes
> know about networks in the other process, without redistributing?

No they won't you must redistribute....

> Will they maintain separate routing tables?

Yes all routing processes maintain their own table.

> If so, will all the routes be displayed when issuing the "show ip route"
> command?

The router will pick the best of all routes form any routing process, for
example if OSPF 1 has a route to 10.0.0.0 with a metric of 110 and OSPF 2
has a route to 10.0.0.0 with a metric of 120 then the only one you will see
is the route from OSPF 1.

> I just want to know if the networks that are configured under each process
> will be logically separated on the router, or will they share the same
> routing table?  I'm getting frustrated, since I can't find the answer and
> the 6 cups of coffee that I've already had aren't helping matters....I
> appreciate any and all responses, and the time that you take in reading my
> caffeine induced rants and raves..thank you!
>
> Eric L. McMasters, CCNP/CCDA
> OSSN - Sr. Network Engineer
>
> Phone:    913.859.1986
> PCS:        913.485.9734