while on the topic of security, I almost see it as a necessity of any
good administrator (depending on your function(s)) to be a part of the
BUGTRAQ security mailing list.  This has been an excellent resource for
many years, that eventually most exploits and security problems make it
to, whether Unix, NT, application, or network device related.  There
have been many exploits on many firewalls, router OS's (a few on IOS
too!), switches, talks about bypassing VLAN's over trunks, ARP spoofing
code and discussions, and many other topics related to postings I've
seen on this list.  I have learned quite a lot by just subscribing to
this list for the past 5 years.

BUGTRAQ is archived at www.geek-girl.com (among others I'm sure) for
those interested.

David