Yes Phil you are correct, most values are expressed in bits.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Phil Barker
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 5:37 AM
To: cisco GroupStudy
Subject: CetificationZone White paper (Frame Relay) ?

Hi,
  Just started reading this paper. Page 3.
"Before we get into the heart of frame relay, lets
take a look at the framing formats" After reading the
section on the Address field I'm beginning to get
SCARED.

Anyway, my question is : Should the eight-byte flags
field be eight bits ? and the 16-byte address field be
16 bits? I can't see a 16 byte address field being
that efficient over serial links.

Cheers,

Phil.