E1 is more standard than T1.   Newbridge complies with both of the E1
standards.  So I can't imagine why not.  Just flip the transmit & receive,
configure for C4 or CAS on both sides and set the Newbridge as the clock
source (unless there's a reason not to, the 36170 has a stratum 3 clock
which is WAY better than any Cisco router's clock).

Rodgers Moore