I did a post to one of the Cisco newsgroups recently about the CVPN3005
(formerly Altiga C5).  Here you go:

== SNIP ==
Well, I have to hand to to Cisco.  Good choice on the purchase of
Altiga.

I've done VPNs off of the PIX before, and can't say it was the easiest
thing I had ever done.  My company was looking to roll out VPN on a much
larger scale, and my Cisco AM recommended against not sticking with the
PIX as 1) it's an older PIX (PIX10000), 2) it's also playing firewall for
our entire network, and 3) Cisco seems to be tossing most of it's
development in to the new unified Altiga/Compaitble Systems stuff.

So I went ahead and purchased a CVPN 3005 (formerly Altiga C5).  I must
say, I'm quite impressed.  Configuration is a little bit different then
I'm use to (the CLI isn't really CLI; it's more or less text-based menus),
and I normally cringe at the thought of an http-based configuration tool
.. but in this case it wasn't so bad.

The unit itself and the documentation still say Altiga all over (no Cisco
rebranding yet).  IMO, the documentation sucks (more or less every command
gets an "overview", but not really a good explanation) but after 2 hours
of dinking around I now have a working VPN Server that supports IPSec and
PPTP (so I can continue to support our legacy NT PPTP RAS clients while
migrating them to the new 3DES IPSec client).

Other then a bug I ran in to in the first 3 minutes (trying to create
static routes from the console), I had no problems.  I was able to create
static routes via the web interface, and a call to TAC revealed it indeed
was a bug.  He made 2.2.1 (the patched 2.2.0) available for me on CCO, and
this immediately resolved the problem.

If anyone else is evaluating VPN solutions, make sure to take a look at
the Cisco CVPN3000 series.  Neat little boxes, very scaleable .. I'm quite
                                                [ Wrote 43 lines ]

[insanenet:doogles] [/home/doogles/Mail] > cat praise
[...]

impressed!  I'm really looking forward to Cisco's hand in this
basket--they're promising merging the features of the Compatible Systems
(another VPN company Cisco recently bought) such as Linux, Solaris,
Windows 2000 support in to their new "Unified" IPSec client (one client
with the capability of connecting to whatever you have on the
backend--router, PIX, VPN Concentrator) in the very near future, so it
should be fun.

Not a Cisco employee obviously, just wanted to give you guys some insight
in to my experience with a new one of their toys.  Next step:  Migrating a
router we have terminating to the PIX over to the CVPN3005.  Maybe I'll
let you guys know how that goes.
== /SNIP ==