:     Assuming one Hub and 99 spokes you would need 99
: "frame-relay interface-dlci" statements per site if
: you wanted to talk to every remote site.
:     I cannot see this being a practicle solution
: though, i.e You would be committing a massive 'single
: point of failure at the Hub', plus I very much doubt
: that all the sites would want direct access to each
: other anyway.

Here's how our company does our WAN:

We have a "primary" site and a "backup" site.  Our branches
each have two PVCs--one to each of the sites.  This provides
redundancy should either the primary or backup site have an
issue.  It also would save the day if there was a problem
along the way within the Frame Relay network which only affected
one of the PVCs.

Of course, this doesn't help if the physical circuit goes down
or if the Frame switch the branch office was going to was experience
issues, so we have BRIs configured to do dial backup as well.

Since the applications we use are all client-server, the branches
have no need to communicate directly with one another. We have
approximately 70 branch offices, and this approach works quite well
and for a decent cost.