we have a funny problem from our small network. None of us can Receive mail
from a certain mail server that we use at a remote location. We can however
send mail, using accounts based on that server.

We can telnet to port 25 but NOT to 110, on the remote mail server.

All indications are that this is a firewall problem. I have taken down acls
on our office Router temporarily to check this at our side, but problem
still persisted.

Guys at the other side are 'sure' the problem does not lie with them, it
could of course lie at our ISP, but extremly unlikely or?

Would be grateful for any trouble shooting tips, to determine where the 110
pkts are being dropped

thanks in advance

tayta