Hi all,

I hope someone can help me understand something about PPP multilink.  I was
reading up on it, and checking the routers at my job to verify that it was
working.  Whenever two routers have a dial connection using BRIs and they
are configured to use PPP Multilink (PPPM), they work fine and the command
"show ppp multilink" gives me info about them.

We have a 3640 with a PRI that a bunch of local routers with BRIs use for
dialup.  The BRIs are configured for PPP multilink, but the PRI is not.
Over the weekend I tried getting it to work.  I have also read several
articles on CCO and read the section in ACRC on PPPM, but have found no
configs for PRI and PPPM.  So, I think that it probably cannot be done, but
I am not sure why.

My two questions:
1.  When the local routers call up and bring up two B channels, they are not
using PPPM.  How does the data flow differ in this instance from a PPPM
connection?

2.  What is different about a PRI that does not allow the PPPM to be
configured?

Thanks,
Dave