On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, John Neiberger wrote:

> For two of my recent postings I've gotten a response from
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  It thinks my posting to [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a
> set of commands and it's telling me that it doesn't understand any of it.
> It's happened twice in two days.
>
> Anyone else having this odd problem?

Some implementations of majordomo can be configured to parse keywords
found in the first few lines of a message.

If your message had a subject containing words such as "subscribe,
# unsubscribe, help, list, digest", or similar majordomo keywords, or
(^ that  is there for a reason...)
if those words appeared in the first five or so lines of the message
body, majordomo may have gotten confused.

This is configurable by the list maintainer.  The inclusion of the
"help" keyword is particularly annoying on technical support lists,
and usually majordomo's misfeature of attempting to parse text is
turned off.

If the body of your message has a keyword at the beginning of a
line, this could also be an issue.

--
Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/