ppl,

I have a number of 1605R routers standing out. All are using NAT and
each assigned 1 public IP# on E0 and a Private IP networkrange on E1.
most of them use 12.03(t), several 12.07(t). No routerprotocol is used
on these routers, only static routes. Customers depend on NAT.
Under some rare circumstances  the router won't come up properly. Both
the router's E0 and the ethernetport of it's gateway showing a correct
ARP entry but there is no IP traffic possible.
Doing some debugging I learned there are no routes or even connected
networks visible after a 'sh ip route'.The E0 and E1 interfaces shows
'up-up'
Once a router is up and running, it stays working but you're never
certain if it will keep working after the port went down&up
The ports are responding to ping by the gateway or another IP neighbour.

Any ideas why the routing table stays as if both interfaces are down?
Is there any way to force an update to the routertable?

Thanks in advance,

Erik van Gerven