Glenn,
   I have set up my CCIE ATM lab with the following so
far:

 A LS100 w/ 8MMF ports. Works perfectly as an ATM
switch. Paid only $1000 for it, but the secret seems
to be out and prices have gone up.

 A WS-X5155 ATM LANE blade ($750) in my Cat5 w/ a Sup
1 - 5009. You don't really need a 5158, but it'll
work. Only difference is 5158 has (2) PHY ports, but
one is for redundancy and you cannot use both at the
same time. Who needs redundancy in the lab? The 5155
is EOL, so keep that in mind, but is still supported
with software releases.

 I need to get the following:
  An ATM card for my 3600, which is currently going
used at $2500, when you can find one. List is $6000
(Argh!!)

  Another possibility would be to get a 7000, of which
there are a LOT of them on EBAY recently. The ATM
interface processors are much cheaper than the 3600
modules and the whole package might be cheaper than a
single module for a 3600. Just remember, the 7000 is
really big  and you might have to run a new 110v line
to your lab, so you don't trip the breaker ;)

Hope this helps and good luck on your CCIE.

Regards,
Frank Zahrt, CCNP CCDA
NEC Senior Network Engineer