Folks:

I am preparing for the CCDA and plan to write same before 31 July, 2000. I
have two questions.  The first one revolves around VPN.  The other question
deals with CISCO's Hierarchical Network Design concepts.

(1)  Assume that I have six simple LANs - one HQ  LAN and 5 Branch LANs.
Assume also that each LAN consists of one Server and 4 workstations.  If I
want to link these simple networks using VPN;  what king of Hardware and
Software would I have to buy. I would also like to compare and contrast
Microsoft's VPN (which I believe is built into Win2000) and CISCO's VPN.
Thanks in advance guys.

(2)   In this second scenario, I want to connect a router at each LAN site
and make use of CISCO'S hierarchical network design principles.  Can anyone
explain or draw a simple diagram of what the network structure would look
like at the CORE, DISTRIBUTION, and ACCESS layers.

Thanks,
John