Rajan

Far i know none of the technologies ( VSATs ) have the capability for a fall
back arrangemenet. The LAN cards on the satellite equipment(IDU,DPU,NIU and
so many Us), doesn;t re route the packets nor do they have the option of
mentioning a backup interface. The wiser option would be to use a cisco
router, where in you have an option of configuring the backup interface  or
a HSRP if there are two addresses. HSRP gives you option to configure a
single virutal gateway. The other option  would be to make a Win NT server
having two NICS to do this jobs. My earlier experiment dinn work well since
Win NT multiple gateway options doesnt work well.

BTW, many customers there ask such things, but you can not satisfy them
until they spend!

Cheers