I haven't seen any feedback on the FRS 2.0 Beta so...

I took it Friday, June 23.  The last day it was available.

232 Questions in 180 minutes!  Needless to say, I was happy to be on
question 232 and to have 5 minutes left on the clock.  It was what might
be expected after seeing the Routering 2.0 and hearing of the other 2.0
series exams.  A fair amount of BGP, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, VTP, VLAN, STP,
and PPP (auth and use over demand and dedicated circuits).  There were
some "what product best fits" questions as well as some "dealing with
the customer" questions.  I don't recall any ATM/LANE, Appletalk, Token
Ring, or FDDI questions.

There was only one "complete the task" style question which seemed more
like an experiment in following directions in the question.  It was
really a "fill-in the blanks on the diagram" question.

Overall, a good test.  I do however, have the following complaints;

The 700 series router!  I had at least 20 questions on this beast.  Most
of which were command line questions.  I know there's an installed base
of these things, but the test portrayed the 700 as a new product.  This
comes back to giving the Cisco answer.  I recall one of the "what
product best fits" questions involving the 700.

The "choose the command from the list" where you're asked a questions
and get an exhibit of possible answers.  The first 30 or so were like
the ones I saw on the Routing 2.0 Beta.  We'll call this Style 1.  You
would answer the question with the line number of the answer in the
exhibit.  I'd say that the next 30 of this style wanted you to type-in
(exactly) the command from the exhibit (the line numbers were gone).
We'll call this Style 2.  Then...  The next 10 or so asked a Style 2
question but gave the Style 1 exhibit.  And the best part is, none of
the exhibit answers were appropriate!!!  Hypothetically, the question
might ask "what command would assign an IP address to an Ethernet
interface?".  The answers in the list would be a bunch of "show" and
"debug" commands with some routing protocol commands mixed in.  It seems
that they got a little carried away and mis-matched the answers to the
questions.

The question/time ratio...

--
Tighe Kuykendall