you know, it was wierd... my exact entries on the PIX config were as follows;
>>access-list 100 permit ip 10.1.10.0 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0
and
>>isakmp key xxxxxxxxxxx address 63.x.x.x netmask 255.255.255.255
as pertaining to the tunnel.  (If you have a good idea of what constitutes an
IPSec config, then I won't bore you with the other config lines unless you request
it)
I could sometimes get a hitcount of 2 or 3 on this end of the tunnel after a
'clear xlate' or a clean reload of the PIX, and a hitcount of upwards of 120 on
the other end of the tunnel, but I was absolutely unable to route ANYTHING across
the tunnel.  All the IPSec gurus(?) at TAC huddled together and postulated that I
would need to generate a GRE tunnel to pass secure NAT traffic within the VPN
tunnel.  Having looked at their sample config and its creation of different
loopbacks on the inside router to accomodate GRE, I elected to skip it and instead
subnet my internet router and run a hub off E1 so that people needing access to
the remote network could use Secure Client and a static IP to do it.  Until the
local carriers can compensate for overselling Internet/WAN services to businesses
in the technology zones, this is what I'm stuck with until I can get an install
date.

GWA