There could only be one active local director on your network, and one in failover
mode.  Connect the failover cable between them, and also, use an Ethernet interface to
establish statefull failover.  The 2 local directors have to be in parallel of each
other.

If you have each LD connected to a different switch (on both sides of the network)
then you must dual home your web servers to achieve the uptime required.

--

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:10:20   nitu wrote:
>Can somebody provide me this information:
>does the failover secondary local director only kick in if the primary is
>dead or it remains functional in parallel to the primary Local director.
>
>We have a config in which we have two LD's both feeding to seperate switch,
>so if one switch (connected to primary) goes down, there is no path to the
>web servers.
>

>Thanks in advance
>

>nitu

Before you buy.