From: Mike Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: Nortel/Bay ATM woes...

> Nigel,
>
> We have Nortel's ATM solution in our LAN.  The "partially operational"
result is usually caused by one of two things or both.

> 1. Your call routes (on one side) are not set correctly.
> 2. There is an error (on one side) in the remote les/bus address.
>
> Specifically, the error means that traffic is being transmitted or
received by the remote device, but the local device can't "see" the far end.

> When I configure these switches, I open notepad and then cut and paste the
LES/BUS addresses into SpeedView.  That's the only way I've found to not
screw up the address.

> ..confused yet?
>
> Mike Smith
>
> >From: "Nigel Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: "Bryant Andrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,        "Cisco Group
Study" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Nortel/Bay ATM woes...
> >Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 01:54:12 +0100
> >
> >Hi All,
> >            I was wondering if anyone in the group had any ATM experience
using Bay 5000 and Centillion 1600 ATM switches.
> >I'm trying to solve a problem with the LES/BUS and remote coop pairs
within the ELANs.  When running a "show les"
> >that various ELANs show LES/BUS as partially and fully Optimal.  In order
to get a greater understanding of the whole picture I'm now trying to figure
out what exactly does Fully/Partially Optimal mean. Currently all devices
join the various ELANs(12) but within those twelve ELANs various LES/BUS
pairs show up as fully and partially optimal.