From: Richard Holland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 11:03 PM
To: Raj Poduval; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OT- Sun solaris training class

Well, I come from a UNIX background, and ordered two solaris 8 intel beta's
by accident.  These are freely liscensed to non profit people like us, i
could give the cds to you (actually it's a binder with solaris 8 beta intel,
sparc, and staroffice for both platforms, plus install floppies) for about
$20 plus shipping.  Or you can order Solaris 8 academic from sun, it costs
about $30 (media cost, the os is free, as long as you're a student/non
profit org).  Gather up an old pentium, and install it.  Get the book Unix
Systems Administration Handbook by Nemeth, soft cover red book.  This is the
UNIX BIBLE!  This plus the actual Solaris OS in front of you is a great
combination.  Then just check sun's site for the certifications and figure
out what they want you to know.

Richard Holland
CCNP,MCSE