Group,

Heres some scoop I found out from the Cisco Certification folks at
Networkers.  They are currently developing a recertification process that
should be announced in Sept.  From what I gathered, it doesn't matter if
you're a CCNP 2.0 or 1.0, you'll be required to recertify within a specified
time from your certification date (2 or 3 years is what I was told).

I was also told that they don't distinguish between 1.0 and 2.0 CCNP's.  The
1.0 upgrade to 2.0 is merely to update the material in the tests, rather
than testing on products that were decommissioned a year ago (see Catalyst
3k).  So for those of us who have 1.0 certifications, no need to panic,
we'll all be required to recertify at some point, even you 2.0's.

So theoretically, someone who achieved a 2.0 CCNP (through beta's, etc) in
March, they will have to recertify sooner than somebody who gets a CCNP 1.0
on July 30th.  So on your resume's, it really doesn't matter if you put
"CCNP 2.0", because its all the same according to Cisco.

Chris