Boson has me confused.  Regarding Multilayer Switching, how would one
define a flow?

Cisco Press and
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat5000/rel_4_5/config/mls.htm#42593
make a flow seem like a stream of packets.  However, to have
distinction between different types of conversations, ip and port are
assessed.... "A flow is a unidirectional sequence of packets between a
particular source and destination that share the same protocol and
transport-layer information."

Boson asks, "A flow is a stream of segments between any two ip
address/port number pairs" or "A flow is a stream of packets between
any two IP addresses".  The first is asserted as correct.

Confusing, even after looking at it so long.  Is Cisco using the term
packet out of context or is Boson just trying to enforce the
granularity of the question?  It seems to me that this is a simple
concept and should be reworded something like "http and ftp would be
treated as TWO seperate flows between an identical pair of hosts."
However, is this still a stream of SEGMENTS or PACKETS?

Brad Stephen