I teach BCMSN and it is quite different to CLSC. It is
far less focussed on hardware and there is no ATM or
FDDI.
Additional stuff you do need to know includes:
1. RSM configuration on the Cat 5500
2. HSRP
3. There tends to be quite a lot on VTP
4. IP Multicasting (IGMP, CGMP, Spase and Dense mode
routing on the RSMs).

Hope this guides you in the right direction.

Cormac Long CCSI#21600
http://www.cormaclong.com

--- Kari Nurdin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
>      I am preparing to take the BCMSN exam.  As many
> of you I am using
> material catered for the CLSC.
>      Besides knowing the Cat. 1900, 2820, 3000 and
> 5000 series switches,
> what new switches should one know prior to taking
> the BSMSN.  I looked at
> the Outline and Preparation Guild for the BSMSN,
> however, it makes no
> mention of any particular series of switches.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kari Nurdin
> CCNA CCDA

[EMAIL PROTECTED]