Lilian,

I think you can find better advices in groups dedicated to SUN products.
This group is dedicated to Cisco rather than SUN

Anyway,

    Can't help you with Solaris 8, but I used Solaris 2.6 on several Intel
machines, it works pretty fine and I liekd the prformance, but hardware was
(and I suspect still is) an isuue- do not worry that much about video
because you can replace native Solaris Xserver with xfree86 - jsit read all
related release documents. Did not have ANY single problem with CPU or
motherboard, but better use motherboard from the manufacturer listed in
Hardware compatability list.
An again try SOlaris x86 related newsgroups chances are that someone already
tried things you are going to do

RRGRDS,
Evgeny

"lilian feng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tried to install Solaris on PC?
>
> I want to buy a Solaris 8 media kit form Sun. When I checked the HCL from
Sun
> web site, I found it has strict requirements for hardware, only VGA cards,
> sound cards..., but also motherboard with CPU, which I have not seen in
Linux.