We currently have 4 offices, 2 in the Pittsburgh area and 2 in California
(one is Saratoga and one being built in San Fran). The plan is to connect
each one through a dedicated T1 line for redundancy and VOIP and video
conferencing purposes. I was planning on installing 3548 XL switches in all
of the offices (the San Fran office and one of the Pittsburgh offices will
have close to 100 people while the other two offices will have around 30
people). The corporate offices will use the other two offices for Internet
access. The questions I have are as follows:

*       What type of router should be placed in the offices? I was thinking
1720 for the small corporate offices and the 3640 for the two larger offices
as I believe this will provide us with the performance we need for VOIP and
video conferencing over IP
*       Are the 3548 XL switches good enough? I read a recent review in
Network World that said QOS is lacking in the 3548 XL switch

Thanks,
Jeff