No.  I think what he's saying is:  Similar to
Maslow's hierarchy of needs, food & shelter are the #1
priority.  When lower level needs are not fullfilled,
higher ones such as friendship are not considered an
issue.  Copyrights would be MUCH, MUCH higher on the
list and rightfully so, almost ignored.  This is not
to say that it makes it morally correct to pirate
software, etc.  There is another issue altogether!
What is this software/licensing/copyrighted component
being used for?  Companies such as Cisco and Microsoft
who have witnessed such phenomenal growth and
prosperity in the past decade should be obligated to
provide educational and personal copies for the
betterment of these societies.  If I learn Microsoft &
Cisco materials in my education and personal use, what
pray tell, do you think I would recommend?  Sorry for
the babbling everyone.  Had to get my 2 cents in since
I have not posted much on this list in the past 2
months.

    What brough this up anyway?  Shouldn't you guys be
studying for your CCIE or something?  Leave the
copyright and morality issues to the suits.  This is
supposed to be an Engineering list.

Sincerely,

Dennis J Hartmann
KPMG Consulting
CCIE-written only/CCNP/CCDP/CCNA/CCDA/MCSE