Don't ask me why but we are connecting ISDN TA's to the Aux port of a router
for backup purposes.  I have gotten everything to work but was wondering if
anyone knew why the dialer map statement does not appear to work with ISDN
TAs.  I've done similar things with USR modems and dialer map works fine.
When I use dialer map with ISDN TA, and debug the dialer, I get a message
saying no dialer string.  Because of this, I ended up using the

chat-script
dialer string
script dialer

commands to get the TA to dial.

This config works fine and TA dials central location and connects.

Can anyone tell me why dialer map doesn't work in this situation?

Tony Russell