[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< And may I add that the command  :
   router(config-if)#clock rate bps
 gave the following:
 %Error: This command applies only to DCE interfaces

 However int s0 which is shutdown does not give such error when the above
command

 is applied to the interface.
 But that doesn't mean that it's already made a DCE.

You are supposed to set the clockrate on the router that is attached to the
DCE side of your cable. Clockrates are set at the DCE, not the DTE...Good
luck 8)

Mark Zabludovsky ~ CCNA
<A HREF="mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>

    "My peers always told me that growing up would have a huge impact on my
life... What they didn't tell me is that the size of the impact would knock
me on my ass"...
                                                    ~ Mark Z.~