At Networkers 2K all the Academies were told to implement 12.0 on their
routers.  I assume that's because the new exam (or perhaps the next
revision) is based on it and is probably why Todd included it in his new
book.

Tom Lisa, Instructor, CCNA, CCAI
Community College of Southern Nevada
Cisco Regional Networking Academy