sorry I'm late...here it is...Kevin:

1)since it's a home lab...you only need 1 pc, which you can hook up through
the console port on routerA. once you are done setting up routerA w/an ip on
the serial port/no shut/;set up  telnet on global config..line vty 0 4,
login, password ____; you are done w/routerA. Now; set up the serial
interface on router B through the console port...'on the serial port config
an ip add/no shut/set up Telnet on global config.....line vty 0
4/login/password ______; NOW ...exit out of global mode into
priviledge..type router A's ip address,....and vuuaalaa.......Yoou just
telneted back to routerA.  so you can go back and forth for the res tof the
configs.

2)The aui's do not phycally need to be connected to anything to simulate a
lan on that port.  In other words...you can turn the ports on w/o an aui
attached to it.

3) Great investment....goood luck.  check out www.boson.com they have alot
of stuff that you might want to check out.

Raul Renteria.ccna.Network Analyst.NYC.