I am trying to boot up a 3000 router I bought recently. When I try to boot up it tries to netboot but of course it can't because I don't have the file it tftp'ed from in production. I went in to rmon and changed it to manual boot, when I boot from ROM it comes up and goes through the boot process then it says "hit return to get started" when I do it cycles through and says the same thing again.

When I try to net boot from a tftp server it starts the file transfer then it says "{buffer overflow  - 3541504/3541154 bytes} I have 8 meg flash in the server. Is there a way to erase the flash without getting into config mode. Or any suggestion on how to get this thing up and running. Thanks

Nathan