Actually - the arp cache contains NO entries for the hub workstations
(and to my knowledge a standard layer one hub has no MAC address).

I haven't verified that the crossover cable is correct (I went on the
clients word) - but since the switchport reported up/up - I assumed it
was correct (in my experience if you use a bad cable the port will not
come up).

Still leaning toward a layer one explanation tho.

Thanks to everyone for their responses - go CCIE!

Don Dettmore
CCNP, MCSE, CNE

>>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" 07/12/00 08:07AM >>>
/ Question here:
You say if you have six hosts (workstations) and the hub you have 7
MAC
addresses.
Now I understand the six workstations have NICs.  But does the hub
port also
have a NIC?
Would a printer connected to the same hub port have a NIC also?  I
understand that the hub port and printer would each be considered a
host.
So does this mean that all hosts also have NICs?
Dick Silva