You can use filters to prevent unwanted traffic from being bridged such as
MS Netbios broadcast coming from PC's etc.....

DLSW works great for optimizing SNA traffic across the WAN and allowing it
to be routed across IP  bacbones. It can help with time outs etc.... and
yes it works with Ethernet.

I built a 75+ router network with Ethernet connected AS400's and PU 2.1
SDLC controllers utilizing DLSW+ over a Frame Relay WAN and it worked
great.

Take alook at the followig url's:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/idg4/nd2007.htm

These Cisco books also have some good information on SNA\IP networking.

Internetworking SNA with Cisco Solutions

Cisco CCIE Fundamentals: Network Design & Case Studies

Cisco Router Hand Book

Hope this is helpful.

Paul Coggin
Internetwork Solutions Engineer