From:   Rik Guyler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, July 13, 2000 8:36 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Cisco Groupstudy (E-mail)
Subject:        RE: I think I was right??? (PPP question)

I think you are right.  I do not know of any mechanism within PPP to
actually perform the address assignment.  In my experience, I have always
had to use a DHCP server or assign a static pool of addresses to use, which
would indicate another mechanism external to PPP at work here.

Nice catch!

Rik Guyler
Principal Consultant
Cardinal Solutions Group