All,

      I picked up a used 2501, but I'm having some problems.  I can see it
boot up and it looks ok, but it doesn't accept any keystrokes from the
console port.  Hyperterm settings are ok, no problems with same
configuration on other 2500s.  I can break into ROM monitor mode, but then
cannot enter anything again at the prompt.  I tried taking out both the
flash and the ram, relying on the ROM IOS and the 1 Mb of system board RAM,
but it made no difference.  Can anyone think of anything else to try before
I return it?  I'm going to attempt to view it's IP address from cdp nei det,
but without a password, I'm probably stuck again.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chuck Church
CCNP, MCNE, MCSE