I learned about this site in the ACRC class I took in May and have
learned quite a bit from the group.  Now I have a question.

I have 4 Catalyst 1900's that have been running default configurations
for almost 3 years.  No one in our company has ever attached to them to
set up IP addresses for Telnet, monitoring, etc.  I have not had any
success in attaching to the console port.  A Cisco SE sent me "special
cable and terminal clip" (Turned out to be the same that comes with
every router I buy.  Blue cable LDW0300 72-1259-01 and clip 74-0495-01)
to handle the connection.  The 1900 has a 9 pin console port.  I am
attaching using the clip, cable and an additional 9 pin clip (same clip
on both ends) onto my laptop (the same one I use all the time to connect
to the console port of my routers).  I am also using Reflections
software as my terminal emulator - again the same as connecting to my
routers via console or telnet.  Same settings 8/none/9600.  I have tried
changing the settings on my emulator, but no changes.  I have also tried
rebooting the 1900 with the connection in place.

Any suggestions on how to attach to the console port?

David Toalson
816-701-4142