I have three 2948 GL3s and your right !!! When I've called Cisco for support on
it they usually get the both the catalyst and router teams on the phone at the
same time.  We have noticed that it has the following limitations:

-  No monitoring ports
-  No support for route-maps
-  No support for ACL

The list goes on ......

Unforunately, it's still better than most of the other "Layer 3' switches I've
reviewed.