Hello,

"channel-group 0 unframed" command allows E1 PA
to work at 2Mbps clear-channel.
If your link is connected to a TDM device at the Telco side,
you need to use "time-slots" command. In this case, you
can use a maximum of 31 ds0 channels and 31x64K=1984Kbps.
(timeslot 0 is reserved for framing and I assume ts16 is used for data
communication and CCS or CAS is not used)

If your link is connected to an SDH (or PDH) device (or more specifically
a G.703 interface device) at the Telco side, then you can use "unframed" command
and utilize all available 2048Kbps link.

To visualize, I would consider SDH, a lower level transmission network, and TDM,
a transmission
network on top of SDH which adds a value (like ds0 multiplexing).
"unframed" is a G.703 only transmission and "timeslotted" or "framed" is a G.704
transmission on top of G.703. ( And to extend, DWDM is a lower level
transmission than SDH )

I hope this info will clarify a bit .

Best regards,

Ufuk Yasibeyli

"lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 18.07.2000 19:18:24

Department:

Please respond to "lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>