Hi All,

Wondering if someone can give me some input on a particular remote dial
scenario...

A router is configured as the 2509 in the following Cookbook scenario.  A
terminal adapter (connected to S0) is used to dial out.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/793/access_dial/pppmultilink.html

I did not use ppp direction callout | callin.

The debug dialer output is as follows:

#debug dialer
Dial on demand events debugging is on
#term mon
#
.Jul 19 03:03:41 UTC: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial0, changed state to down
.Jul 19 03:03:47 UTC: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial0, changed state to up
.Jul 19 03:03:47 UTC: Serial0: Dialer received incoming call from <unknown>

Can someone please explain the last line in the debug message..  Why s0 sees an
incoming
call coming from the TA?  (when callback is not configured)

Thanks,
Mark