Jeff,

The best way to do it would be to set up a VTP domain on all the switches
with ISL trunks in between each switch. Set up the routing module or MSFC to
do the inter-VLAN routing on the 6506. When you set up DHCP, you'll need a
helper address on the 6506 routing module that forwards the requests to the
DHCP server. The DHCP server will need a scope for each subnet you plan to
implement. It will lease the proper addresses for each range as long as you
have one subnet per VLAN.

I have done these kinds of setups with 6500s and 4000smany times. If you
need any specific help, or something more in-depth, email me and we'll set
up a phone call.

Tony Olzak, CCNP, MCSE

"Jeff Duchin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
8l1qjp$3a$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8l1qjp$3a$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Good morning. Wanted some info on implementing VLAN's from someone who has
> experienced this first hand...
>
> We currently have Cabletron switches in our network with a couple of Cisco
> routers. We're going to be upgrading to an all Cisco shop with a 6506 at
our
> Core/Distribution (30 NT Servers, 7 subnets in a mixed student faculty
> environment throughout the building) and 4006's in all of our closets (7
> total between 2 floors). We have about 1500 users, with about 500 of those
> being faculty.
>
> We want to do VLAN's with the 6506 routing between them all. My question
> is.... what's the easiest way to do this? There will be 2 of us and I'd
like
> to know if I'm going to need to bring another person in temporarily who
has
> done this before. We will be getting the Cisco LMS for NT package as well,
> which I would think has the balls to do this through the browser
interface?
> And I'm assuming we'll have to do this after hours?
>
> Any input would be much appreciated. I am getting some demo stuff from
Cisco