>At 11:52 AM 7/20/00, Wolfgang Lochbihler wrote:
>>Hello
>>
>>How would you configure a Cisco router with two serial
>>interfaces to be used as a modem eliminator?
>>I have have already done some tests using the router as
>>frame-relay switch.

Approach #1 to modem elimination with Cisco routers:

1.  Place the modem on a hard surface.
2.  Collect 2-3 strong women or men.
3.  Lift a fully loaded AGS, 7000, or higher router to a height of
     at least 3 feet.
4.  Release the router such that it falls onto the modem.
5.  If the modem is not eliminated, return to step 3.  In extreme cases,
     use a 12000 series router.

Approach #2

Virtual multipoint with STUN?

>Why would you want to do such a thing??
>
>I have my back-to-back routers in my lab connected via modem
>eliminators, but that is simply because I had the modem eliminator
>boxes (from Black Box) and I did not have any cross-over serial
>cables. It's a Rube Goldberg solution! ;-)
>
>So I have something like this
>
>RouterA ----ME----RouterB -----ME-----RouterC
>
>With the right cables, you can simply do
>
>RouterA ----RouterB---- RouterC
>
>Priscilla
>

>>But maybe one of you has some additional ideas?
>>
>>Regards
>>Wolfgang

>>Report misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not
directly to me***

Howard C. Berkowitz      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Director, CertificationZone.com
Senior Product Manager, Carrier Packet Solutions, NortelNetworks (for ID only)
   but Cisco stockholder!
"retired" Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CID) #93005