>On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:
>
>  > >
>  > >  How can I configure unequal cost load balance using OSPF?
>  > >I have configured equal cost load balance and it is working fine. But,
>  > >when I try to modify the costs of any link the load balance stop
>  > >working. What is missing?
>  > >
>  > >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  > >Engenheiro de Redes.
>  > >CREA/MG 66089/D
>  > >ICQ# 6372 3382
>  >
>  >
>  > OSPF does not support unequal-cost load balancing.
>  >
>  > What problem are you trying to solve?  Per-packet load balancing can
>  > indeed improve bandwidth utilization, but at the cost of increased
>  > processor loads both on routers and end hosts.
>
>CEF per packet is not too bad on the processor.  Its not worlds of
>difference doing per-packet vs. per-destination in CEF.  I prefer CEF much
>more to something like say ebgp-multihop

CEF certainly is an improvement.

I was also thinking of host processor loading from per-packet, which
increases the probability of out-of-sequence packets.
Source-destination load balancing does get around this problem.

>Brian Feeny, CCNA       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>318-222-2638 x 109     http://www.shreve.net/~signal
>Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)

"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not
directly to me***

Howard C. Berkowitz      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Director, CertificationZone.com
Senior Product Manager, Carrier Packet Solutions, NortelNetworks (for ID only)
   but Cisco stockholder!
"retired" Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CID) #93005