Just so happen to have a copy next to me. You're probably looking for:

RFC 1771 or BGP4:Inter-Domain Routing in the Internet, by John Stewart.

Denis

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 7:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: BGP whitepaper referenced in Interconnections

I'm researching some strange behavior with some non-deterministic
path selection with BGP on a few routers. I thumbed through Radia
Perlman's second edition of Interconnections at the bookstore last
night and saw that in her paragraph where she noted some problems
with BGP, she referenced a whitepaper which described situations
where timing of updates can cause non-deterministic path selection.
I've been searching for that whitepaper, but I am just going off of
vague memories of the title. If anyone happens to have their copy
handy and could email me with the title of the whitepaper, I would
appreciate it. I unfortunately have a meeting this morning before
the book store opens again 8).